NOVA is committed to providing medical care, health education and access to essential medications to some of the poorest people in the western hemisphere. Approximately 89% of our patients pay a nominal co-pay of less than 50 cents U.S. to see our doctors. The remaining eleven percent of our patient population has diﬃculty even making that small payment, so for them medical care is provided for free.
What is NOVA?
- NOVA has been providing medical care in Haiti for more than 15 years.
- NOVA serves a community of over 50,000 people.
- NOVA employs a local staﬀ of 15 Haitian professionals who work year-round to provide medical care.
- NOVA ’s clinics treat an average of between 600 and 700 patients each month.
- NOVA has sent 22 volunteer medical missions from the U.S. to Haiti in our 15 years.
Why Support NOVA?
- NOVA is a small and eﬃcient non-proﬁt with an all-volunteer Board of Directors and Administrative support staﬀ (marketing, legal, website support, etc.). The only service that is paid for in the U.S. is accounting.
- NOVA ’s volunteer orientation ensures that your donations are used as eﬀectively as possible to provide medical care in Haiti.
- NOVA ’s Haitian staﬀ of doctors, nurses, pharmacists and lab technicians operate two full-time clinics in rural southern Haiti.
- NOVA has been providing medical care in Haiti since 2002 and our doctors have witnessed an overall improvement in the health of the community.
- NOVA ’s annual budget to provide primary medical care, immunizations and medication is approximately $150,000 per year
This is NOVA Hope for Haiti’s only direct appeal for 2017. NOVA Hope for Haiti is a small, but highly-effective and efficient medical charity that is funded completely by private donors like you.
MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM IN PLACE!
As a special incentive, several members of our Board of Directors are personally matching all donations up to the ﬁrst $10,000 received.
This is a timely opportunity to double your support now!