Clinic Physician Position
NOVA Hope for Haiti is a US-based non-profit that operates a medical clinic in Cavaillon, Haiti and sends medical missions from the US to Haiti a few times per year.
We are seeking to hire a licensed physician to practice primary care family medicine. Experience in pediatrics desired.
Strong oral and written communication skills in Creole, French and English required.
Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Some overtime required when traveling missionary teams are in Haiti.
To apply please send your CV and copy of license to: Mr. Joseph Nuzzi at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLINIC PHYSICIAN RESPONSIBILITY
Ensure clinic operations maintain best practices and create innovative healthcare programs to improve patient care and outcomes in collaboration with NOVA’s Medical Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure deliverance of quality clinical care in a safe, efficient, competent and effective manner.
- Provide comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis: Examine patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Record information about patient’s medical history, diagnosis, and course of care in accordance with NOVA policies and procedures.
- Order various tests, analyze and interpret diagnostic test results to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Prescribe and administer treatments and medications.
- Promote health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Provide prenatal care to pregnant women and provide postnatal care to mothers and infants.
- Refer patients to medical and surgical specialist for consultant services when necessary, and oversee transfer of patient to the next level of care in emergency situation.
- Determine need for consultation and assist in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists or at the direction of visiting volunteer specialists.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
- Supervise and/or perform activities of other non-physician clinic staff to support full clinic operations, efficiency and quality. E.G.: intake, patient demographics, vitals, and appropriate documentation, etc.
- Perform any duties required for the overall proper functioning of the clinic.
- Medical license is current and valid in Haiti.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Creole, French and English
- Computer familiarity/literacy (email, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with electronic health records or willingness to learn and use EHR when implemented.
- Ability to collaborate with staff and Medical Director to implement healthcare programs.